GLOBAL ARTS INITIATIVE GOALS
GAIN's philosophy is to create a collaborative network of arts organizations, businesses and government agencies that recognize the arts as a valued form of education and employment, as well as a creative process for encouraging discourse on contemporary culture and society. The network's vision is based on the following values:
· To educate and nurture students to become cultural ambassadors for their country by creating an environment that fosters creativity as well as an understanding of humanity and integrity.
· To value the importance of the arts in providing a link to the past as well as a reflection of contemporary society.
· To maintain the culture of the indigenous population while providing structure and technical skills to support its growth.
· To work together with local arts groups and utilize community’s resources to improve the quality of life for the children.
· To foster mutual respect among mentors, local artists, teachers and students.
· To instill in each student an appreciation for community service.
· To recognize that an arts education cultivates a strong work ethic that is beneficial in all fields of employment.
The methodology for creating a collaborative network will be an ongoing process - with each organization contributing their expertise and creativity.